Monday 20 January 2014

Favourite Artist Post: Munk One

Alright, so I'm in the early stages of the Kerrang project and like always I'm doing some artist research, Obviously due to the nature of the project I've been looking at numerous gig poster artists. However i felt this guy deserves a special mention.

Munk One has been one of my all time favourite artists and biggest inspirations for a long time, He's been the subject of presentations and essays i've produced for Uni and continues to inspire my own artwork daily. Munk One works primarily with bands in the rock and metal genre producing merchandising artwork, album covers and gig posters. His personal style has been a massive influence on my own and i firmly believe he helped me develop and find my own style through the years. He's even recently worked on some variant covers for the brand new TMNT comics! I love his inking and his use of vibrant colour and Im sure it's evident how this has inspired my own work, choosing an image to go along with this post was difficult, since I love so many but I've gone with this Alexis On Fire Tour Poster.

You can see more of his work here:
Website
Blog
Store


No comments:

Post a Comment